Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Carrying Miniatures Box

 
 
   I have the above large carrying case to store my miniatures. The problem rises every time I want to carry just a part of them for my games. Then the large case is an obstacle. Especially, if you take into consideration that I use my motorbike as a transport mean.   
   To solve this problem I made my own carrying miniatures box. I bought two foams for mattress of different thickness (0.5cm and 2cm) and of course a paper box. The box has two handles and metallic covers at the four corners. The tools I needed were scissors, a ruler, a pen, two A4 size sheets for the templates and glue. All the dimensions are in "cm" but it is not difficult to convert them to imperial system. Anyway, the dimensions of the box and all the rest are just for an advisory reason, you can use whatever box you want.
   First I drew the templates. I drew three different templates, one for infantry only, one for cavalry and one for banners, infantry and larger infantry miniatures. The dimensions for each one of them are: 
Infantry template: eighteen slots 2.3cm x 5cm. 
Cavalry template: nine slots 6.3cm x 7cm. 
Large Infantry: six slots 2.3cm x 5cm, seven slots: 3.5cm x 4.5cm, two banner slots: 3.5cm x 7.5cm and a small slot: 3.5cm x 1cm.
   Then I cut four pieces 21cm x 26cm of the 2cm thick foam and five pieces of the 0.5cm foam. I cut slots on the 2cm foams and glue the slims to the bottom of each thick ones. As for the fifth slim piece, I use it as an interior protective cover.

The foams

The templates

Infantry 2cm thick foam tray

The slots

Four 2cm and five 0.5cm foams

The four ready foam trays

The protective cover, the four trays and the box

Miniatures ready to be carried

The case and the box


   Yes it is true! My SAGA rulebook (second printing) arrived! Now I have a lot of reading to do! Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...