Friday, March 23, 2012

Orc Captain "The Widowmaker"


   A friend of mine gave me this strange Orc figure some time ago. I didn't really know what to do with it until one day when I had an idea. The position of his body is perfect to depict an enemy's decapitation. The unlucky victim is a Minas Tirith Warrior, whom I gave a Corsair head for two reasons. First, he has his mouth open as if he is trying to scream from fear. And second, he hasn't a helmet, so it is easy for the Orc Captain to pull him by his long hair! The final scene has a lot of tension. Of course it is violent but that was the target to reenact the tremendous moment of the battle. I wanted also to show Orc Captain's complete prevalence over his opponent. That's why I called him "The Widowmaker". Now I have to use greenstuff to fix all the details and to paint them as well!



   I visited also my friend today and I took a couple of photos of the converted Beregond and the Galadhrim Banner Bearer. Here are the ready miniatures. He painted them really nice as you can see by yourselves.




      That's it for today. Stay tuned for the progress of "The Widowmaker"!

2 comments:

  1. Great Widowmaker! Is it resin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it is not a resin. It is a metal miniature, the "MC5 - The Great Goblin" of Mithril Miniatures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...