Thursday, November 3, 2016

Stockyard and Santiago de Compostela

   A new terrain piece, a stockyard is ready. It is a versatile type of terrain as Sir Awdry says. Which means it is proper for a historical or any fantasy game as well! 
   I used balsa wood, MDF for the base, a piece of a white towel for the roof, little rocks and sand for the soil and pieces of my wife's straw broom!

The stockyard

Balsa wood for the carcass

Straws for the walls

Little rocks and sand for the soil

The white towel for the roof!

And the straw broom!

Ready!





A Russian NCO in front of the stockyard.

   Next stop of our trip was Santiago de Compostela. The city has its origin in the shrine of apostle Saint James the Great. This famous Christian pilgrimage started the Middle Ages. 

Catedral de Santiago de Compostela

Torre da Berenguela

Plaza de Quintana where is the entrance to kneel before the Saint.

The above entrance with the statue of the Saint.

The chancel

Plaza das Praterías



Church of San Fructuoso

   That´s it for today! Stay tuned for more! 

4 comments:

  1. What a great build and I love the addition to side. I hope you didn't get in too much trouble for using the broom? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michael! I cut more straws than I needed to keep for next projects because I knew I wouldn't have a second chance!

      Delete
  2. Super (and clean) stockyard...well done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...