Saturday, December 10, 2016

Signs

   Four Soviet and one German easy to make WWII signs are my recent terrain pieces. 


   Once I found in my mother's attic an old box of ESCI in 1/72, which was one of my childhood birthday presents. I cannot remember for which birthday exactly because many decades have passed since then! In the box there were various toys and among them unfortunately very few of the original parts. 

The survivors

The box

   Anyway, to make the signs I used metallic washers as the bases for better stability and balsa wood for the wooden posts.


   Then I glued the signs to the posts and some little rocks and sand to the bases.



   I overpainted the "wooden" parts of the German sign because they had a glossy brown colour! 


   After that, I added some grass and flowers. Ready!

"MINES! DO NOT ENTER"

"DO NOT ENTER
THE VILLAGE. 
 TRAPS!" 

"MINES!" and
"VICTORY WILL BE OURS"

"THE BRIDGE IS DESTROYED" and
"STOP"


"BRIDGE" and "DETOUR"



   That's it for today! Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...